Blue In Green - Gravity
Blue In Green reemerges on the Cold Busted label with Gravity, his follow-up to 2013’s Inner Funk and his classic album The Break of Dawn. Residing in Tokyo, Blue In Green specializes in a downtempo, beat-driven combination of bossa nova, jazz, and hip hop styles all accented by his masterful guitar work. There’s also the subtle influence of city life in Japan, breezy and tinted in neon. Blue In Green’s goal is to lift spirits with his music. There’s no better time than the present for that sentiment.
The first of Gravity’s dozen tracks is “Sparks,” an intoxicating composition filled with snappy snares, syncopated synth chords, jazzy e-piano, and playful samples. “Resonance” is another highlight, with bold string stabs, scratchy guitar, and spacey synth melodies. There’s also the evocative “Nat Shima,” a sleek soundtrack for night cruising with stealthy ‘80s elements. And there are many more surprises for the listener to discover. Gravity is an electrifying journey through Blue In Green’s sonic palette, raising spirits and dropping beats.
1. Blue In Green - Sparks (3:31)
2. Blue In Green - Gravity (3:36)
3. Blue In Green - Magic Valley (2:24)
4. Blue In Green - Resonance (4:23)
5. Blue In Green - Because I Love The Sun (4:51)
6. Blue In Green - Materialism (4:42)
7. Blue In Green - Remedy (2:49)
8. Blue In Green - Nao Shima (3:53)
9. Blue In Green - Andromeda (2:16)
10. Blue In Green - Nami (2:45)
11. Blue In Green - Pink Cloud (1:55)
12. Blue In Green - Copacabana (2:37)